Our services include:
Frequently asked questions
We provide personalized knowledge and expertise specifically designed for your business goals
I have just employed my first employee in the Netherlands. Are there any health & safety obligations I need to comply with?
In the Netherlands, every company with employees is obliged to comply with the Working Conditions Act. This Act contains general rules and guidelines for companies regarding working conditions and health and safety policies in order to promote the health, safety and wellbeing of employees. The primary aim of this legislation is to prevent accidents and illness caused by work.
Non-compliance with (parts of) this law, apart for leading to more (or unnecessarily long) sick leave or more accidents, can also lead to the employer incurring fines and/or being held liable for an incident that may, otherwise, have been prevented. Please see the lost below of the main requirements of this law:
- Conclude a so-called ‘basic contract’ with an Occupational Health & Safety Service (Arbodienst).
- Appoint a Prevention Officer to advise and inform management and employees on health & safety related issues.
- Conduct, validate and keep an up-to-date risk inventory & evaluation (RI&E).
- Appoint and train a sufficient number of emergency response officers and first aiders.
- Offer a Preventative Medical Examination (PME) to employees every 3-5 years.
We can help guide you through these steps and introduce you to certified partners to make sure that you are compliant!
Help! My employee is sick. What do I do now?
I have a sick employee and understand that he has to be seen by the company doctor. What is the role of a company doctor and how is this different to a GP or family doctor?
What do I need to do to become GDPR compliant as employer?
What our customers say about us
Connect with us today
Start your journey in Europe with us
Get in touch with us
Bart Brinkman will answer your e-mail as soon as possible
PO BOX 20119
1001 NS Amsterdam
WTC Business Center
Pr. Margrietplantsoen 33
2595 AM The Hague
3013 AK Rotterdam