Our immigration (law) team is responsible for advising and guiding our clients through the immigration processes in the Netherlands e.g. recognized sponsorship applications and obtaining residence and work permits for international talent.
As an Associate Immigration you support the immigration team in obtaining the necessary visas, work and residence permits for international employees of our clients, and submit their 30% ruling applications. You are responsible for various clients where you will work both independently and together with other team members to apply for the various permits and applications. In addition, you will be involved in more complex issues and advising clients on a corporate level. You will have the opportunity to build a good relationship with the clients you are responsible for and you will have every opportunity to develop your ideas for the best service.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Advising clients with respect to Advising clients with respect to immigration procedures, including recognized sponsorship.
- Preparing and submitting (combined) residence and work permit applications
- Advising and, if applicable, assisting clients and expats with post-arrival formalities such as registration with the municipality, receiving their BSN, picking up their residence card, arranging for healthcare insurance, conversion of their driver’s license, civic integration examinations, and/or Dutch citizenship
- Maintaining contact with government authorities such as the IND, the Dutch Tax Department, embassies & consulates, municipalities, and the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency (NFIA)
- Advising clients with respect to and preparing and submitting 30% ruling applications
- Attending prospect and client meetings
- Maintaining a good, transparent and up to date administration
- Coordinating projects with Briddge’s other teams, primarily the Corporate, Payroll and Employment Law teams
We are seeking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented Immigration Associate with a sparkling and firm personality to join our team. The ideal new team member will have a background in Immigration and a genuine desire to help our clients achieve their immigration goals and needs.
- Completed HBO / University (law)degree, with at least 1 year of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in English written and verbal communication is essential, with proficiency in Dutch considered a valuable asset
- Remarkable organizational abilities
- Emphatic, compassionate and able to relate to clients / employees from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrates a client-centric and service-oriented approach
- Reliable, with a strong sense of responsibility
- Capable of excelling in a fast-paced environment, while also adept at skillfully prioritizing tasks based on urgency
- Able to work independently, as well as a part of the team
A certificate of conduct (VOG) is required for the position and a reference check is also part of the application procedure.